Empire Warns Customers to Avoid Scams
Don’t become a victim of a fraudulent payment or service request. Know the facts about Empire’s payment practices.
Red Flags – End Contact and Report
- Requests for payment over the phone by prepaid credit card.
- Calls on the weekend demanding immediate payment.
- Individuals asking to enter your home to inspect wiring or equipment, unless you have called Empire at 800-206-2300 and requested an appointment with us.
- Individuals requesting payment or offering services that are not in an Empire vehicle, do not have a company identification card, and are not wearing an Empire logo/uniform.
- Emails requesting personal, account, or financial information.
- Emails including attachments, unless you’ve contacted us to specifically request the information.
Valid Empire Practices
We provide various payment options including:
- MyEbill – using secure online access through MyAccount
- Credit, debit or ACH - online or by phone using third party vendor Western Union Speedpay.
- Other – Visit www.empiredistrict.com/CustomerService and click on Payment Information for a complete list of payment options.
- We will notify you before a disconnection by mail, door tag and/or by phone during normal business hours. A field representative with proper identification may also notify you in person.