Solar Rebate Information
Empire is currently accepting solar rebate applications pursuant to its Solar Rebate Rider, tariff sheets 23-23h, and rebate payments are available pursuant to law and Empire's tariff. Empire has not filed with the MoPSC a sixty-day notice of reaching its annual retail rate impact limit pursuant to RSMo. Section 393.1030.
Effective May 16, 2015, Empire began offering rebates for Missouri customers for qualifying solar installations in accordance with the Missouri Renewable Energy Standard and Empire's Solar Rebate Rider approved by the Missouri Public Service Commission (MPSC). Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis determined by the application postmark date and availability guidelines listed below.
Customer must submit
Missouri Solar Electric Rebate Application
with all required documentation to:
The Empire District Electric Company
ATTN: ENERGY SERVICES/NET METERING
PO Box 127
Joplin MO 64802
- Customer must have a completed and approved Net Metering Application and Agreement on file with the Company in accordance with the Company's Net Metering Rider .
- Customer must be an active account on the Company's system and in good payment standing.
- The system must be permanently installed on the customer's premise.
- The customer must declare the installed system will remain in place on the account holder's premise for the duration of its useful life which shall be deemed to be a minimum of ten (10) years.
- The solar modules and inverters shall be new equipment and include a manufacturer's warranty of ten (10) years.
- No retail electric account will be eligible for a solar rebate for less than 500 watts (0.5 kW) or more than twenty-five kilowatts (25 kW) of new or expanded new capacity irrespective of the number of meters/service points associated with the account holder.
- The system shall meet all requirements of 4 CSR 240-20.065 and the Company's Net Metering Rider.
- The system must be situated in a location where a minimum of eighty-five percent (85%) of the solar resource is available to the system.
- The customer must execute an affidavit for Company's use in complying with §393.1030 RSMo.
- The system or expansion of an existing system must become operational after December 31, 2009, and on or before June 30, 2020.